ENGAGE PEOPLE THROUGH STORYTELLING SO THEY LISTEN TO YOU, UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, AND REMEMBER KEY MESSAGE AFTERWARDS
Why should you do this course?
There are no excuses for business presentations being boring and unimaginative, but to be a good communicator you not only have to be articulate, you also need a compelling story.
This training course is designed to teach business people how to tell engaging business stories. It will delegates understand how to structure a story for a chosen audience and occasion, to write presentations or scripts that better articulate and more powerfully express what they want to say, and will help them tell their story so it is clearer and more memorable.
In writing a good story, it isn’t enough to know what you want to say. You also need to carefully structure a story, so the audience can follow what you are talking about. It is also essential to think about language, as words and ideas need to be understood, and be appropriate for the occasion.
This course has therefore been designed to teach business people how to tell engaging business stories. It will help them understand how to structure a story for a chosen audience and occasion, to write presentations or scripts that better articulate and more powerfully express what they want to say, and will help them tell their story so it is clearer and more memorable.
Learn the craft of storytelling
PLANNING AND STRUCTURING YOUR STORY - so it is clear and coherent, and covers the points you want to get across
HOW TO ENSURE YOUR AUDIENCE TAKES AWAY KEY MESSAGES - the techniques that will help you ensure the audience remember what you want them to take away
APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, TONE AND STYLE - how to make sure you engage an audience in terms of presentation style and how to ensure you use language they will understand
HOW TO CREATE IMPACTFUL DELIVERY - approaches to help you engage the audience and get them to listen to you
Who should attend?
The course is focused on real-world business situations and has been written to help those who play a role in promoting their business or who have reached a level of management where good communication is a crucial part of their job.
Attendees who will benefit include those:
- Leaders and managers who recognise the importance of communicating well, and want to improve their ability to communicate verbally
- Executives whose role requires them to present more frequently to clients at meetings, conferences and networking events
- Executives who want to learn how to explain technical detail to non-experts
- People who are competent storytellers, and want constructive challenge to their approach.
What are the course outcomes?
- Learn the craft of telling a story, and be able to apply this in the business world
- Learn how to engage an audience to ensure they listen carefully to what is being said
- Learn how to take complex and technical subjects and create a meaningful structure that will ensure the audience take away key points and messages
- Will have a personal improvement plan.
Delegates will subsequently have access to video recordings of their stories and written guidance to drive personal improvement.